The Certified Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse (CPHON®) examination tests the knowledge necessary for the nurse to practice competently at the basic level in pediatric oncology/hematology nursing. This certification validates an individual's knowledge in pediatric oncology/hematology nursing. Candidates who pass the CPHON® Test may use the certification mark "CPHON®" to verify that they have met all eligibility and testing requirements. The certification mark may be used only as long as certification is valid. CPHON® certification is valid for four years.
The CPHON® Test Candidate Handbook contains information you to prepare for a CPHON® test. It includes information about test content, references, and certification policies. When you apply for a test, you must affirm you have read, understand, and accept the conditions described in the Bulletin about test administration, reporting of scores, and certification policies. ONCC strongly recommends that you review the current CPHON Test Candidate Handbook.
If you are testing in 2014, please refer to the 2014 CPHON® Test Candidate Handbook.
Special Offer for CPON® Certified Nurses: Apply for a 2015 CPHON® Test at 50% off the applicable fee. This offer is available only to nurses who are currently CPON® certified. Use the link below to access the special offer application form, and return it by mail or fax.
- Eligibility Criteria
- 2015 Test Dates, Application Deadlines, and Fees (PDF)
- Apply Online (registration opens in November 2014)
- Application Form for currently certified CPON® discount only (PDF)
- Acceptable Approvers and Providers of Nursing Continuing Education. Continuing education is required for initial CPHON® certification
- Special Accommodations for Americans with Disabilities
- Credential Evaluation Services for Candidates Educated or Licensed Outside the US
- International Testing Information (PDF)
CPHON® Test information
- 2015 CPHON® Test Candidate Handbook (PDF)
- About the CPHON® Test
- CPHON® Test Blueprint (PDF)
- 2015 CPHON® Test References (PDF)
- Sample Test Items
- Study Tips
- Practice Tests
- Review Courses
Make a Test Appointment
Test Day Information
- Identification Requirements for Admission to Test (PDF)
- About Computer-Based Testing
- Taking the Test
- What to Expect at the Test Center
- Test Scores, Score Reports, and Cancellation of Scores